IMPORTANT RIDER INFORMATION
PASSENGERS PLEASE READ:
The information provided is designed for passenger and driver safety. If a passenger fails to comply with any of the following rules, the bus driver has the authority to ask you to leave the bus and/or deny you admittance to the bus. If you refuse to leave the bus when asked by the driver, the police will be called.
BE A SAFE PASSENGER
- Use caution around the bus. Unlike stopped school buses, NYS law allows drivers to pass public transit vehicles. A driver may not see you if you are trying to cross the road near a large vehicle such as a bus. Please be observant for other vehicles in the roadway.
- Board the bus in an orderly fashion. Do not push or shove others or walk into the road in front of the bus. Do not hit or bang on the bus. Do not throw anything at the bus.
- Be safe. Do not try to move about the bus while it is in motion. Do not unnecessarily distract the driver. This includes unnecessary chatting with the driver or arguing with other passengers. Do not scream, yell, throw anything, or create loud noises. Do not play music unless you are using headphones with the volume low so nobody else will hear it. Do not throw any objects while on the bus or cause any objects or body limbs to go out the bus windows.
- Be sanitary. No smoking including e-cigarettes, eating, or drinking is allowed on the bus. Do no litter on the bus. Do not board the bus if you have exposed wounds; bodily emissions and exposed bodily fluids are not allowed on the bus. Do not perform any personal hygiene tasks while on the bus.
- Be courteous. Follow the drivers' instructions; they are for everyone's safety. Illegal activities, gambling, disorderly conduct, and vandalism are not allowed on the bus. Respect other passengers. Offensive language is not allowed on the bus. Solicitation of goods or services is not allowed on the bus. Cell phones must be placed on vibrate or turned off.
- Bags/Grocery Bags: can be stored under the passenger seat or on a passenger's lap that do not protrude to another seat or interfere with other passenger. Medium sized briefcases, duffle bags or small metal bag caddy on wheels will be permitted. These items cannot be any larger than 22"x14"x9". Baggage may not be stored in the aisle, on another seat or on the floor of the bus near the rear emergency exit. Our drivers cannot help load or unload your groceries or other personal items. For safety reasons, bicycles may not be stored inside the bus.
- Items prohibited: Firearms, knives, sports equipment (tennis rackets, baseball bats, golf clubs, fishing poles, skateboards) and any other weapons are not allowed on the bus. Do not bring used syringes, illegal drugs, open containers of alcohol, car batteries, flammable liquids, or any other potentially dangerous item onto the bus. Do not bring trash or items for recycling onto the bus. Except for service animals protected under the ADA, you may not bring an animal onto the bus unless it is kept in a pet carrier small enough to fit in your lap.
- Items protected: Service animals will not be denied admittance onto a transit bus-unless the animal is out of control- and no extra charge will be made for the service animal. Oxygen tanks for personal medical use will be transported, however if the oxygen tank cannot be properly secured per USDOT guidelines, then the passenger may be denied transportation for safety reasons.